Here we are - doing well in the Mary Greeley Hospital. We arrived at 2:30pm (26th) and Emily continued to whether contractions until we decided it was time for an epidural (see title). At 4:45pm an epidural was administered and at 4:50 Emily had her water broken. At that time Em had progressed to 5cm dilation and she continues to be 80% effaced and at station zero.
Emily is comfortable at the moment. We'll post again sometime tonight or tomorrow.
Em and Kev